What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Transport & Handling of product

Started by , Feb 19 2009 10:25 AM
3 Replies
Hello been a while since I've posted something but am a regular viewer of forum.

I would love someones opinion of a request we have had from a customer.

We supply corrugated transit packaging to a food manufacturer, we don't have direct contact with the food product.

The customer has experienced an infestation through the use of pallets within their plant (not from our pallets I hasten to add) and they now want us to consider delivering the cases without pallets. Apparently this is quite common in America.

The first thing which jumps out to me is contamination risks from the bed of our trailers, least of all the Health & safety aspects of stacking & handling these bundles.

Does anyone have a view on this at all?

Regards

Louise
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport
[Ad]
Hi Louise,

It is possible to get pre-treated pallets quite easily. It is a requirement for pallets to be treated for markets such as Australia.

Example pre-treated wooden pallets

Just an idea.

Regards,
Simon
Hi Simon

Thanks for the idea but I believe that it was a mouse/vole which was the contamination within the pallet. So the pre treated option wouldn't make a lot of difference in this case.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Louise
Isolated!

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport GFSI Requirements for Transport Food Defense: Reliably protecting raw materials and food from contamination, manipulation or sabotage during transport SQF 9.6.6 Loading, Transport, and Unloading Practices BRCGS Clause 4.16: Dispatch and Transport How to identify and exclude risk of cross contamination during transport