What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Halal certification - Who certifies and is accredited?

Started by , Apr 02 2009 02:08 PM
6 Replies
Hello Forum,

I am looking for an halal certification body but could not get hold of one easy sofar.
It is for certification of polymer packaging materials.
I would like to know if anyone has experiances with halal certification bodies in general and how they operate.
If someone could tell me something about guidelines for packaging would be nice.

Have a nice day, Okido
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC HALAL Audit Checklist for the Biscuit Industry Halal SOP corrective action plan Halal claims on label Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits
[Ad]
Dear Okido:

Malaysia is quite famous for its halal certification and we have our own halal standard (MS1500:2004) and we are aiming to be the world halal hub. The HDC or Halal Development Centre will conduct audit for those who need to be certified with halal but I am not too sure whether HDC also certify the company which is not in Malaysia.

You can try to have a look at the website: http://www.hdcglobal...npage/index.asp
Dear Okido,

we are also in the process of obataining halal certification. www.halalcommittee-jum.org

I think there may be a national level certifying bodies in most of the countries.

Also see a US based certification agency www.ifanca.org.

In netherlands you can find 'Islamic Food Council of Europe' for halal certification

Hello Forum,

I am looking for an halal certification body but could not get hold of one easy sofar.
It is for certification of polymer packaging materials.
I would like to know if anyone has experiances with halal certification bodies in general and how they operate.
If someone could tell me something about guidelines for packaging would be nice.

Have a nice day, Okido

IMO.. there is a HALAL guide from CODEX (sorry i dont have the doc) may be you can search by internet.. but in principal all of Halal Certification body more or less using same method to do halal audit...
if you want to export to Indonesia ..here attachment list of Halal Certification body that approved by Indonesia halal certification Body (MUI) ..

Attached Files

Dear AS Nur,

Excellent document BTW, is it already updated? I heard some certification bodies need to be reviewed again by our Islamic Council. (Sorry for the OT Okido).

Does the CODEX document that you mentioned before is this one:

http://www.codexalim...52/CXG_024e.pdf

Regards,

Arya
Thanks for all the input.

I am going to make some phone calls to see how they certify polymer packaging materials.

Have a nice day, Okido

Dear AS Nur,

Excellent document BTW, is it already updated? I heard some certification bodies need to be reviewed again by our Islamic Council. (Sorry for the OT Okido).

Does the CODEX document that you mentioned before is this one:

http://www.codexalim...52/CXG_024e.pdf

Regards,

Arya

DEar Arya..

Thats Doc. the latest version (version 2007) that i Get from MUI..I dont Know that some halal body need to be reviewed by MUI...Yes that is the codex doc for halal..

Similar Discussion Topics
Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC HALAL Audit Checklist for the Biscuit Industry Halal SOP corrective action plan Halal claims on label Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits Manufacturing Halal and Non-Halal in the same premises What laboratory tests are conducted on food products to be certified Halal? Need advice on online MUI Halal certification process Seeking Information on Halal Material Matrix What qualifications are required to become a Halal Auditor?