What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality Protein Maize - Is it a GMO?

Started by , Apr 02 2009 03:15 PM
2 Replies
Has anyone used Quality Protein Maize (QPM)? (maybe you Arya??)
Is it a GMO? It sounds like it has the best of everything but if it´s a GMO there would probably be some resistance to using it.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Back in quality after a 2-year hiatus Does anyone have food safety/quality tool box talks/lists? How can a food loss and waste policy be included within a food safety and quality policy? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor
[Ad]
Hello MRios,

According to the source below QPM was not discovered using genetic engineering techniques but through conventional breeding.
http://www.agbioforu...0n3a02-pray.htm

The book below summarise some information about the history of QPM:
Quality Protein Maize

I couldn't find much about current production methods for this product and I have never used it so I cannot be more helpful.

Regards,
Marco
Thank you very much for the info Marco. We have a meeting with other QA people from the company next week and it´ll be great to share this with them.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Back in quality after a 2-year hiatus Does anyone have food safety/quality tool box talks/lists? How can a food loss and waste policy be included within a food safety and quality policy? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training