What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Co2 Lasers in Packaging Industry

Started by , Jun 11 2009 08:57 AM
6 Replies
Is there anyone out there using Co2 lasers to mark packaging with variable/static data? Would be interested to hear of others experiences relating to use, H&S, risk analysis, validation, issues etc.

We have just started to use this equipment to test laser markable coating on labels.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging
[Ad]

Is there anyone out there using Co2 lasers to mark packaging with variable/static data? Would be interested to hear of others experiences relating to use, H&S, risk analysis, validation, issues etc.

We have just started to use this equipment to test laser markable coating on labels.

I think you are at the forefront of technology there buddy, well in my prehistoric world anyway. Can you provide some information about co2 lasers e.g. what they are, what they do, where they are used etc. for a complete numpty?

Thanks,
Simon
Simon

Carbon Dioxide lasers (Co2) are replacing ink-jet printers as marking devices on high speed bottling/packaging lines. They are cleaner and more versatile.

They can either ablate (remove) ink to mark, etch materials i.e. glass or in our case we are coating labels with a varnish which turns black when lasered.

Ian

Simon,

Carbon Dioxide lasers (Co2) are replacing ink-jet printers as marking devices on high speed bottling/packaging lines. They are cleaner and more versatile.

They can either ablate (remove) ink to mark, etch materials i.e. glass or in our case we are coating labels with a varnish which turns black when lasered.

Ian

Thanks for that Ian, interesting concept. Maybe nobody here is using it yet. Is it good? Expensive? What are the benefits over ink jet?

Regards,
Simon
Simon

Lasers are relatively expensive, £20,000/25,000 at the outset but you don't have any consumables i.e. inks & solvents thereafter. There much cleaner too, only need a fume extractor on the head and they are much more versatile when it comes to print formatting.
I'll have two then. At the moment the price is a bit restrictive but like you say it will pay for itself over time, especially if a lot of consumables are used.

Thanks Ian.

Regards,
Simon
Hello,

I think it's useful and profitable for companies? isnt it?

where can i find this machines with cheaper :D

We are using ink jet on films. this co2 lasers may be cheaper then ink jet.

How can i find this machine? can you help me?

thank you very much

özgür demirkıran

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Packaging manufacturing and tape.