What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preferred packaging of fresh, chilled or frozen meat cuts

Started by , Jul 29 2009 05:23 AM
3 Replies
Dear All,

Does any one of you have any idea about the preferred packaging of fresh, chilled or frozen meat cuts with respect to food safety? What kind of technology would be preferred with respect to food safety (i.e. Modified Atmosphere Packaging or Vaccum Packaging)? Can any one share any literature on this??

To be more clear, please consider that company is willing for an ISO22000 certification..

Regards
Siraj
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred standard in USA Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment
[Ad]
Anyone got experience to share with Siraj?
Hello S.U. siddiqui,

Unfortunately I am not really into ISO things but I might help you in the technological aspect of your problem by providing you some links:

Meat Packaging

Meat Packaging

Packaging of Flesh Foods

Lawrie's Meat Science

Fresh and Chilled Foods - Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dairy Products and Eggs

Modelling colour stability in meat

Man... pork processing plants are very creepy!!! ...

Meat Processing Robot

Meat cutting robot

Paletizing

Here are some funny videos I just found randomly:

The Meatrix

The official Meatrix II: Revolting

Cheers!
Filip
Dear S.U.Siddiqui,

You hv asked an enormously general question upon which books hv been written. I can offer one overview possibility. The details are dependent on the particular case IMO.

If you go to the link below then open the file of Ch3 of the lower designated “purple” book, you will find a large table (pg 45 et seq) that designates the different ccps for various types of (seafood) product / storage / packaging, (eg chilled, frozen etc.) I think this data (sort of) illustrates a safety ranking of these alternatives which probably / hopefully is analogous to meat (not my area).

http://seafoodhaccp....anuals_pdf.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred standard in USA Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment Preferred method for Listeria detection and enumeration