What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nutrition Labelling of Tea in Hong Kong

Started by , Aug 05 2009 03:41 PM
1 Reply
I am reviewing the labelling of our tea products, sold in Hold Kong. The Nutrition Labelling requirements make a specific exemption for tea from such labelling, as long as it contains no nutritional value.

Our agent in Hong Kong has been told by the HK Govt that the analysis to prove this must be based upon tea leaves as sold, and not on the infused product. I cannot get any definitive answer from the HK Govt though.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with nutrition labelling of tea for Hong Kong, and what did you do?

Cheers
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Nutrition Software Recommendations Nutrition Information Update on the Label Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product Misprint on Nutrition Fact Table listed Iron as 2g instead of 2mg
[Ad]

I am reviewing the labelling of our tea products, sold in Hong Kong. The Nutrition Labelling requirements make a specific exemption for tea from such labelling, as long as it contains no nutritional value.

Our agent in Hong Kong has been told by the HK Govt that the analysis to prove this must be based upon tea leaves as sold, and not on the infused product. I cannot get any definitive answer from the HK Govt though.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with nutrition labelling of tea for Hong Kong, and what did you do?

Cheers

Can any HK members or suppliers to HK help Wombat?

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Nutrition Software Recommendations Nutrition Information Update on the Label Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product Misprint on Nutrition Fact Table listed Iron as 2g instead of 2mg Making a nutrient claim with a different serving size than listed in nutrition table Do you have to have the nutrition label on Master Case? Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Meat product rounding rules for nutrition label Serving Size and Nutrition Labels