• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 July 2023 - 06:51 PM

Hi, 

We are looking into a new nutrition software. Our current one is raising their prices and wanted to see what else is out their that people would recommend. 

Background: we are a seasoning manufacturer so most of the ingredients we are using are pulled from USDA's database with a handful of items we need to manually enter. 

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2023 - 04:42 AM

I worked for a custom manufacturing facility that did spices, seasonings, flavors, extracts, etc.   We were commercializing up to 10 products a week and tweaking formulas all the time to meet "X" nutritional expectation.    I tried many of the less expensive options.    They "work".   

I ended up purchasing ESHA Genesis.   If given a choice, I would pick it over everything else. There isn't even a close second for me (based on what I looked at).   everything is built in, its fast and easy to use.   It's probably the most expensive option as well.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Lohio1991

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 July 2023 - 07:52 PM

We use ESHA Genesis and it has been great!

Shanked5i

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 July 2023 - 01:03 PM

A couple of our co-mans use ESHA Genesis and love it. Currently, we are using NutriCoaster - it does what we need it too and is pretty accurate compared to lab results.

paultracker

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:17 PM

Another option could be nutriadmin.com. They provide the USDA and USDA branded food databases (amongst other options), as well as the ability to create custom foods. You can get macro and micronutrient analysis and they offer competitive pricing.

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 528 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:27 PM

Ours is built into our MRP.   Do you have an MRP software?    Perhaps they have an addition on there so you don't have to pay a monthly fee, just a one time up front cost, then update your inputs annually.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 February 2024 - 04:25 AM

Hi Lillian,

In the past I have used Nutricalc which claims to be 'The Most Accurate Nutrition Calculation Software, Setting the Food Industry Standard for over 30 Years'

https://www.nutricalc.co.uk/

It worked fine for me but I’ve no idea if it is the most accurate.

Kind regards,

Tony

ketkimehta

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2024 - 07:29 PM

You can use this free tool if you have nutrients values per serving: https://www.onlinela...AiAAEgJK2_D_BwE

Make sure to get verified the final label by a regulatory consultant. We can help you with that! Contact me at info@ketki-international.com

Thanks

Ketki Mehta
Ketki Food Safety Consulting

Edited by ketkimehta, 10 February 2024 - 07:30 PM.

NicholasWynne

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 12 February 2024 - 07:46 AM

Hi Lillian,

We're in Australia so I'm unsure on the compatibility however we use a program called FoodWorks.

They have a good amount of pre-made materials with the ability to enter in custom ingredients and overrides.

Pricing is great and works well for a medium sized company. They've recently gone to cloud which makes things easier.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NutritionSoftware, NutritionLabel, Nutrition, Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users