What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Comparison of BRC Food and ISO 22000

Started by , Aug 25 2009 09:34 PM
10 Replies
Dear all,
I am preaparing my project for my Master Degree in Food Safety at the Agricultural University of Athens.
I want to make a presentacion of the BRC Global StandardFood (issue 5) based on a comparison with the ISO 22000.
I have the manual of the BRC.

Thank you all in advance
1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018
[Ad]
Dear costas,

Welcome to the forum

You will also need a copy of the iso 22000 standard.

If you try googling "comparison brc iso 22000" you will immediately see many answers to yr request, maybe even enough for a thesis.

There are also, i think, several threads on this forum discussing yr specific objective. A little searching is required.

If you are making the comparison on a specific aspect, suggest you revert with a little more information.

Rgds / Charles.C
Dear Charles C. ,

Thank you very much for yours prompt reply.
I will do my search and i let you know about the results.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Costas 21

Dear all,
I am preaparing my project for my Master Degree in Food Safety at the Agricultural University of Athens.
I want to make a presentacion of the BRC Global StandardFood (issue 5) based on a comparison with the ISO 22000.

Thank you all in advance

Hi Costas

The main difference is that BRC prescribes prerequisite programmes in some detail whereas ISO 22000 is a bit grey and a little bit confusing and states the requirement for prerequisite programmes and operational prerequisite programmes but does not prescribe which. This makes it more difficlut to assess and implement.

You will definitely need a copy of both to complete your project. Once you have both your project should be relatively straight forward.

Regards,

Tony

Dear all,

Thank you all in advance

Hi There

How are you getting on with this project? PM me if you need some help.

Regards

Tony

Hi Costas

The main difference is that BRC prescribes prerequisite programmes in some detail whereas ISO 22000 is a bit grey and a little bit confusing and states the requirement for prerequisite programmes and operational prerequisite programmes but does not prescribe which. This makes it more difficlut to assess and implement.

You will definitely need a copy of both to complete your project. Once you have both your project should be relatively straight forward.

Regards,

Tony

Please fidn attached - hope that helps - this is what I have prepared for one of the modules in the MSC in HACCP I have been doing.

If that is confusing, please let me know! Coz it is not as bad as it may look like!

Cheers

Kamila

Attached Files

Dear all,

Thank you all in advance

Hi

Hope that helps - if not ley me know

Cheers

Kamila

Attached Files

Please fidn attached - hope that helps - this is what I have prepared for one of the modules in the MSC in HACCP I have been doing.

If that is confusing, please let me know! Coz it is not as bad as it may look like!

Cheers

Kamila

Hi Kamila

Your references to BRC appear to be out of date.

HACCP is Section 2 of BRC Global Standard Issue 5.

Regards,

Tony
One topic which could be useful when making comparison BRC vs ISO is to what extent different functions within company are involved.
BRC involves Supply Chain, maintenance and to some extent new product development. Function like finance is involved somewhat indirectly, sales - only when customer satisfaction is concerned. ISO covers all proceses within company but at the same time it is more general and looses the focus on product safety.
Dear Costas,

I assume the scope of the thesis is to analyse the reasons for the parallel existence of these food safety standards rather than a simple paragraphic comparison. The latter doesn't immediately reveal their philosophical differences and driving forces, in fact possibly blurs the intentions within the maze of sectioning (in both systems in different areas / ways IMO).

Some links on the basic backgrounds are given in the older thread (2008) below, many more recent discussions are locatable within topics like GFSI etc. Specific recommendations are welcomed. Anyone ?
http://www.ifsqn.com...showtopic=10031

Some of the functional requirements of iso 22000 are also clarified in 22004 and other later ISO additions. Presumably there must be some helpful books issued by now but I don't think hv ever seen any reviewed on this forum ?? Maybe nobody here has the time to use libraries and the shop prices rather exclude purchasing textbooks these days.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Costas,

I have this project also .can you helpe me . meanwile i have check list of BRC & iso 22000 . but both of them are very confusing.i need a view for do it . may  i have yours presentation.

many thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018 IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2018 v 2017 Comparison between 10/2011/EU and 21CFR175 300 ISO9001:2015 comparison with ISO22000 Comparison of allergen adhesion properties Comparison of GFSI Schemes (and Codex)