What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC/EFSIS

Started by , Oct 27 2005 06:07 PM
5 Replies
Hello everybody,

Here again from Spain, so sorry for my english!

I got the BRC/EFSIS standard in paper and my question is ¿ is that the same as the BRC standard ?

If I want to implement the BRC standard in a slauterhouse + cutting plant + packaging of fresh meat plant , what standard should I follow, BRC - food, BRC- packaging or both ?

And for a cheese manufacturer , BRC -food or BRC-packaging ?

If you allow me the following question in this forum, it is about ISO 9001, section 7.3. I guess that slauterhouses, cutting plants and packaging of fresh meat plant are exempt form implementing it, are not they ?

Thank you in advanced for your good answers, I know they are.

Esther Vázquez
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Has EFSIS disappeared? EFSIS/ BRC BRC/EFSIS/LAWLAB/LAWCRED Efsis
[Ad]

If I want to implement the BRC standard in a slauterhouse + cutting plant + packaging of fresh meat plant , what standard should I follow, BRC - food, BRC- packaging or both ?
And for a cheese manufacturer , BRC -food or BRC-packaging ?

Hi Esther,
the answer is BRC food.
I suppose the slaughterhouse isn't a packaging producer, am I right ?

If you allow me the following question in this forum, it is about ISO 9001, section 7.3. I guess that slauterhouses, cutting plants and packaging of fresh meat plant are exempt form implementing it, are not they ?

It depends on what they're actually producing. For instance if they slaughter, cut and pack three different meats (pork, beef and chicken) in a finished product (sausage or any other food) with many other flavours and ingredients it is likely that the auditor will ask for 7.3.

Your English is OK, I'm italian and Saferpakers are very kind people, they haven't thrown me out of the window yet

Hi Esther,
the answer is BRC food.
I suppose the slaughterhouse isn't a packaging producer, am I right ?
It depends on what they're actually producing. For instance if they slaughter, cut and pack three different meats (pork, beef and chicken) in a finished product (sausage or any other food) with many other flavours and ingredients it is likely that the auditor will ask for 7.3.

Your English is OK, I'm italian and Saferpakers are very kind people, they haven't thrown me out of the window yet

Hello Franco

Thank you for your answer.

The company I am talking about has three sections:
slauterhouse
cutting plant
packaging plant in which the fresh meat is packaged in modified atmosfere. So in this case it should not be neccesary to implement point 7.3 of ISO 9001, should it ?
Dear Esther,

Your English is excellent.
Franco is right about you needing the Food standard.
Did you know it is available in Spanish? You can buy it through the web site www.tsoshop.co.uk, ISBN 011703536X.
Dear Esther,

I really can't tell you more in a Web Forum. You may try to look at ISO 9000:2000 guideline application

Dear Esther,

Your English is excellent.
Franco is right about you needing the Food standard.
Did you know it is available in Spanish? You can buy it through the web site www.tsoshop.co.uk, ISBN 011703536X.

HEllo Yorkshire

Thank you for your answer and th web you mencion.

Yes, I did know it

Dear Esther,

I really can't tell you more in a Web Forum. You may try to look at ISO 9000:2000 guideline application

Hello Franco

Thank very much for your link.

Regards

Similar Discussion Topics
Has EFSIS disappeared? EFSIS/ BRC BRC/EFSIS/LAWLAB/LAWCRED Efsis