What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hi from a newbie

Started by , Jan 25 2010 05:26 PM
3 Replies
Hi all

Just to introduce me: Am Berent. From Netherlands (Holland)

Working in Dubai in UAE. Been here couple of years. Before that Europe mainly with bit of time in US.

Love what I do (sous chef). No plans to change up.

Not supposed to go on these chatrooms so can't say my restarant- but it's quite famous, get some of the royals in now and again.

Anyway thats me.

Bye for now.

B
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specialty coffee roastery - HACCP elements - complete newbie! Newbie Introduction Newbie here Newbie Alert Newbie
[Ad]
Dear berent,

Welcome to the forum !

Sounds like an interesting job. Good for the tennis, etc also.

Just curious, I presume sous means under. Is there any rank between a sous-chef and a chef ?

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi Charles

Depend on the place and size of place. Sous is under head chef but over others like chef partie or station chefs and commis- but can be simpler in small places (maybe no sous). Big hotels can have more than 1., IT's not top in kitchen but is nearly!

Did I answer?

B
Dear Berent,

More than answer My feelings of ignorance drove me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef .Truly amazing range of sub-systems. Thks.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Specialty coffee roastery - HACCP elements - complete newbie! Newbie Introduction Newbie here Newbie Alert Newbie Newbie Introduction IFSQN Newbie Newbie Thankful and Hopeful Newbie Newbie in town