What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Has anybody Checked ISO22002-1?

Started by , Mar 09 2010 02:59 PM
8 Replies
Hi,

I'm checking the info abour the release of ISO22002-1. Has anybody had the chance of looking at it?

What's the difference with PAS220?

Regards

Excel
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Need a copy of ISO 220002-1 and ISO22002-5 Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily? Check List Verification ISO22002-4 2013 Compliance with personnel hygiene requirements checked regularly Difference between ISO22002-2005 and 220001-2-2005?
[Ad]
Ken posted this:

I've had a chance to read the standard and it is based on BS PAS 220:2008. I think this must the start of a series which specifies pre-requesites for different sectors of the food industry to expand 7.2.3 of ISO 22000. If so we can expect to see more over time (anyone know of others under development?).

Regards

Ken

Regards,

FSSM

Hi,

I'm checking the info abour the release of ISO22002-1. Has anybody had the chance of looking at it?

What's the difference with PAS220?

Regards

Excel

From what I know it's just the same except you substitute ISO22002-1 for PAS220 throughout. Content is the same.

Regards,
Simon
Confirmed,

Contents are EXACTLY the same

Regards

Confirmed,

Contents are EXACTLY the same

Regards

And I would expect PAS 220 to be withdrawn as a consequence, after all an ISO Technical Specification has more credibility than a Publicly Available Specification from BSI. Since PAS 220 is more expensive I can't see them selling too many more.

Regards,

Tony
Tony,

It's also easier to refer to a ISO/TS in the documents, than to a PAS, so definitively we are looking at the end of PAS220.

At the end, a PAS is approved by 50% and the TS by 75% of TC34

Regards

Excel
Hi,

see the attached content page

Attached Files

I just don’t understand:

When ISO-22000 was a draft, a lot of people that were working on the standard mention that they want harmonization in the food chain… “FINALLY a food standard for the whole food chain…!!!!”

And it was true! – But now they are writing specifications for food manufacturing!!! We are moving in the opposite direction, and now (for some reason) we need to be “so specific”.

I remember one time one person said: “ISO-22000 does not mention allergens, it is a good thing that PAS 220 includes it” - - Really? I thing he forgot clause 7.2.3 g (Measures to prevent cross contamination).

Also, I think a lot of people that were pushing PAS 220 forgot the ISO 72 Guide… “No specification / performance levels in a management system," NEVER.

I think that’s why a quality consultant (she is a friend of mine) always tell me: “people in the food sector are so peculiar”

Saludos!

I just don’t understand:

When ISO-22000 was a draft, a lot of people that were working on the standard mention that they want harmonization in the food chain… “FINALLY a food standard for the whole food chain…!!!!”

And it was true! – But now they are writing specifications for food manufacturing!!! We are moving in the opposite direction, and now (for some reason) we need to be “so specific”.

I remember one time one person said: “ISO-22000 does not mention allergens, it is a good thing that PAS 220 includes it” - - Really? I thing he forgot clause 7.2.3 g (Measures to prevent cross contamination).

ISO 22000 isn't really prescriptive enough on this at least ISO 22002 Section 10.3 Allergen Management gives some guidance

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Need a copy of ISO 220002-1 and ISO22002-5 Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily? Check List Verification ISO22002-4 2013 Compliance with personnel hygiene requirements checked regularly Difference between ISO22002-2005 and 220001-2-2005? ISO22002-1, Risk assessment for medical examinations Quality parameters to be checked in PET preforms and bottles