What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

CCP or oPRP identified

Started by , Oct 20 2010 05:55 AM
4 Replies
Dear All;

CCP is a hazard to do risk analysis to determine that enough?
Is it compulsory that in addition to decision tree?

best regards
ahmet
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Validation Study for OPRP - Sieving Process
[Ad]
Can anyone help Ahmet with this question?

Thanks,
Simon
Dear Simon,

I believe this is an extension of this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__38824

Rgds / Charles.C
According to Codex (and BRC Issue 5) it is compulsory to evaluate the likelihood and severity of a hazard occurring, but the use of their Decision Tree is optional to identify a CCP.

In many ways the Decision Tree is just a systematic way of applying common sense, but the question " Will a subsequent step eliminate the identified hazard or reduce the likely occurrence to an acceptable level" is very useful in reducing the numbers of CCPs.

That said, the Decision Tree has been so engrained into HACCP courses over the years that many auditors expect to see it documented.
Dear foodworker,

Thks for the comment however i think the objective was primarily to disentangle ccp / oprp in iso 22000.

However I am far from 100% sure so perhaps you are correct .

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Validation Study for OPRP - Sieving Process Can an auditor raise a non-conformance on an issue identified during your internal audit? Reduction of OPRP monitoring frequency Summary Plan Template for PRP/oPRP's Setting Manual sorting as OPRP-CCP Should Metal detector be an OPRP or CCP?