What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Automation in HACCP data collection

Started by , Oct 25 2010 08:52 PM
2 Replies
I'm curious to the people who have embraced the idea of automation to conduct data collection for food safety inspections?

In particular, those food establishments that have embraced a "rugged handheld" or mobile solution that allows you to conduct audits, collect data and easily report against specs - what have you found valuable to this implementation and why did you choose to implement such a solution? Note: I am not talking about barcoding, however tasking food production or store level personnel to conduct inspections (typically done of clipboards or manually collected and stored physically on-premise) like temps, and other control point or HACCP related data colleciton or food safety audit (e.g. animal welfare, pre-op inspection)...

Also, what vendor or technology do you use to facilitate this type of method? Have you found them to be responsive, adaptive and reliable?

Thanks,
James
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Frequency of cleaning of fully automation machine SQF monitoring Software - automation Document Control Automation
[Ad]
There must be users of this technology anyone interested in discussing with James?
Hello All,

I would also be interested in anything anyone has on this subject as we have looked into this in the past with little success. We currently run a system that is paper based and I'd like to reduce this wherever possible.

Any advice would be much apreciated.

DebD

I'm curious to the people who have embraced the idea of automation to conduct data collection for food safety inspections?

In particular, those food establishments that have embraced a "rugged handheld" or mobile solution that allows you to conduct audits, collect data and easily report against specs - what have you found valuable to this implementation and why did you choose to implement such a solution? Note: I am not talking about barcoding, however tasking food production or store level personnel to conduct inspections (typically done of clipboards or manually collected and stored physically on-premise) like temps, and other control point or HACCP related data colleciton or food safety audit (e.g. animal welfare, pre-op inspection)...

Also, what vendor or technology do you use to facilitate this type of method? Have you found them to be responsive, adaptive and reliable?

Thanks,
James

Similar Discussion Topics
Frequency of cleaning of fully automation machine SQF monitoring Software - automation Document Control Automation