What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Manufacturing Certification - The Gambia

Started by , Jan 12 2011 11:48 AM
2 Replies
Hi All

I havent been on here for a long time, but it always pops up when I am in need of some advice, so hope you can help

I am aware of most of the Food Standards,Schemes and Certifications available, but have been asked a question by a colleague - which of the Standards / Svchemes would be of most benefit for Food Processing plants in The Gambia who may want to start exporting, including to the West ??

Obviously this may depend on the processes, I am thinking of fish processing factories, fruits and or food stuffs.

Hope you can help

Rob
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements
[Ad]
  • Specifically which countries do they wish to export to?
  • What type of client base / market are they looking at reaching? Supermarkets? Distribution centres?
  • Will their products be high risks? If fish = yes.
  • Will they be conducting mass production or only packaging & distribution or all three?
Dear Rob,

As illustrated by previous post, the scope of yr post is approx. infinite.

For example, even the "West" will internally diverge as per BRC, IFS etc.
Additionally, for example, countries who wish to export seafood to EC will probably be forced to be involved (at the African end) in so-called "competent" authority considerations. The other categories you mention hv no idea, less restricted probably but depending on "foodstuffs".

Any African posters reading this ??

Rgds / Charles.C

ps Regardless, it's nice to hear from you !

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6