What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to measure density of mayonnaise?

Started by , Jan 17 2011 07:24 PM
3 Replies
Can someone tell me how to measure density of mayonnaise?
Currently we put mayo in 100 ml menzura and then measure its weight. Density=weight/100 ml.
But we have problem to put mayo in menzura because it is very viscous(it stays on walls and makes air bubbles) so measuring method is not precise.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Control measure and control points Control measure is categorization to PRP? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density Bulk density - Master Specification creation
[Ad]

Can someone tell me how to measure density of mayonnaise?
Currently we put mayo in 100 ml menzura and then measure its weight. Density=weight/100 ml.
But we have problem to put mayo in menzura because it is very viscous(it stays on walls and makes air bubbles) so measuring method is not precise.

Hi,

If you don't need it to be very precise, then maybe you can use a glass beaker which has a bigger opening than a measuring cylinder to estimate the density.

If you need very accurate results, then you should use the displacement method as described on pg 29 of the attached manual.

BRO-DensityDeterminationManual-e.pdf   709.27KB   68 downloads
2 Thanks
Hello. I have found this Density Cup to be a very accurate method to use in determining the Density of Mayonnaise and similar type Dressings and Sauces. It can be found at: http://www.gardco.co...density/wpg.cfm

Thank you.

Ted
No experience of mayo but could you use a shaker plate to get rid of air bubbles?

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Control measure and control points Control measure is categorization to PRP? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density Bulk density - Master Specification creation High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure What causes yeast and mold growth in wasabi mayonnaise and pate? ISO 22000 8.5.2.4.1 - 8.5.2.4: Selection and categorization of control measure(s) How to measure sodium nitrite content in dry brine mix? How do you measure the temperature at dispatch of transport vehicles?