What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Plastic jar for baby food

Started by , Feb 09 2011 04:49 PM
5 Replies
Dear all, is there anyone kindly provide the information about plastic jar for baby food, the main type of the plastic used, the production process and relevant legislation.... your help will be appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages
[Ad]
I have only seen glass jars, though I must admit it's been a few years since I had regular contact with them. Anyway else seen plastic baby food jars, have experience to share?

To the poster - what legislation US/FDA, EU, Other?

Regards,
Simon
Thanks, i have no experience about it too, so ask for help here..
do Eu have the relevant legislation for baby food, i find little, i only know the legislation for palstic, such as 2002/72, 1935/2004 etc.
I've only seen glass jars, however in the UK plastic pouches are starting to be used. I suspect there is a marketing reason for not using plastic jars with the bad publicity over BPA. Certainly some mums I know refuse to even use plastics for serving food to their babies even if it's BPA free.
presume BPA = BisphenolA

(Well, i had to google it anyway )

http://www.bisphenol-a.org/

Rgds/ Charles.C
Bisphenol A is used primarily to make plastics, commonly abbreviated as BPA. It is an organic compound with two phenol functional groups. It is used to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins, along with other applications. Children may be more susceptible to BPA exposure than adults.

Similar Discussion Topics
Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? Glass and Hard plastic check