What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000 does not need separated HACCP and/or GMP certificates?

Started by , Feb 11 2011 11:59 AM
3 Replies
There are some companies who are certified with ISO 22000 certificates.

Would it be correct to say that these companies do not have the absolute need for GMP or HACCP as separate documents?

Thank you.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP
[Ad]
HACCP and GMP are an integral part of ISO 22000. You would be unlikely to achieve ISO 22000 certification without them. What are you looking to do Erasmus?

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

<BR>There are some companies who are certified with ISO 22000 certificates.<BR><BR>Would it be correct to say that these companies do not have the absolute need for GMP or HACCP as separate documents?<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">What do you mean by separate documents? Are you talking about separate or combined manuals? If so, I think it's not a matter of separate or combined. It's a matter of yours is complying the requirements of ISO 22000 –- GMP and HACCP program are part of it. </SPAN></P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><BR><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"></SPAN><STRONG>EDIT: Didn't notice about certficates, so my response re manuals may be irrelevant. My apologies. </STRONG></SPAN></P>
1 Thank
Thanks Simon and Mind Over Matter,

The practice in Malaysia is encouragement towards Food Safety and to be certified.

Some organisations strategised by going for ISO 22000 but fulfilling the requirements of HACCP and GMP so that they can actually save cost of audits and maintaining the certificates.

Others, may have a combine of ISO and HACCP but will not be having GMP.

In other words, HACCP and GMP are not a necessity if a company already has obtained ISO 22000. But I just want to confirm this is the case for Malaysia and also practices in other parts of the world.

Thank you.

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3