What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organic Certification - Soil Association mandatory or other?

Started by , Mar 23 2011 06:35 PM
3 Replies
Hi All,

My company planning to start producing Organic Food. For this approval from Soil Association mandatory or from any body that provides certification for organic food production would be enough.
Please advise.

Regards

Martinblue

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn
[Ad]
Hi martinblue,

In UK Soil Asscociation is the most recognised Organic certification body. As long as other bodies are IFOAM accredited you should not have a problem. In Australia we have sevearl bodies and they all belong to IFOAM accreditation.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ajay
Hi Martinblue,
The Soil Association is widely recognised, but you do not have to use them here in the UK as there are a number of other accredited certification bodies. I would recommend using Organic Farmers & Growers (OF&G) as they seem to take a more pragmatic approach, especially with smaller organisations, and they are fully recognised by all retailers and specifiers.
Kind regards
Paul
Hi Martin Blue,

At least you now know that there is another body in UK besides Soil associtaion.

Regards

Ajay

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn Organic Status - Flour Production Organic Material - Inventory Discrepancies Organic Fraud Prevention Guide How to control flour beetle in an organic mill? FSSC 22000 VERSION5.1 Organic Mineral HACCP Plan