What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000 clause 8.5.1 Continual improvement

Started by , Mar 29 2011 10:01 AM
5 Replies
How do you find something that needs to be improved?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices
[Ad]

How do you find something that needs to be improved?

Answer to your question lies in the requirements stated under section 8.5.1. You can find areas for improvements while implementing and auditing the requirements of communication, management review etc.

In other words when you implement the requirements of 8 aspects (communication, management review etc.) or use these individual systems (system of communication etc.), you get some outputs/results such as identification of delays in communication, miscommunication, need for resources, increasing trends of nonconformities as audit findings etc. All these are areas for improvements and improving all these situations can contribute to the continual improvement of the effectiveness of management system.

Regards:
M.Zeeshan.
1 Thank
Dear MOM,

The usual problem is how do you not find something that needs to be improved ?

There is a short but quite informative recent thread on this here somewhere which contains some examples followed by critical discussion, the latter I recall particularly contributed by GMO et al.

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Dear MOM,

The usual problem is how do you not find something that needs to be improved ?

Rgds / Charles.C

I agree with Charles. If you can't find something to improve, please let us know how you did it.

You should be constantly learning from internal audits, external audits, customer feedback, monitoring results, trend data, etc.

You also want to stay on top of industry standards. What are your supliers or customers doing, what are your competitors doing, what is someone in a totally different business doing?

There are are as many ways to find things that need improved as there are to improve them.
2 Thanks
You also can start from information such as verification of your system and/or management review.
If you do these, based on thorough analysis of data (such as non-conformities, complaints, etc), you will certainly see there are weak items in your system/organisation.

good luck with it!
2 Thanks
hi my name is fahim and can any one send me ppt format for employee traning,i need an exact copy,becoz they are so many available on the net,i need specifiaclly for an five star hotel,if any member who is working has an hygiene or food safety officer,i am requesting you to please send me an power point presentation,this will really help me start my training class on an good note.quick response would be welccomed.fahim

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000 : 2018 Template Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package? ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template