What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Views on Himedia?

Started by , Apr 01 2011 03:52 PM
4 Replies
Do any of our members use Himedia as a supplier and how have they found their products?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water Testing - Two conflicting BRC Auditor Views Clause 4.5.1 Any advice on how to change views on food safety? Views on SQF edition 8 and upcoming FSMA policies Views on Six Sigma and Risk management courses Views on dry sanitation in a tuna cleaning factory
[Ad]
I'm interested to know your interest Tony?

I'm interested to know your interest Tony?

Have see some quotes and they seem to be a cheaper option with regards to Laboratory media supplies.
We have used them for Yeast and Mold media in the microbiology lab when I worked in the Yogurt industry. We were ordering from VWR who were obtaining the media from an Indian supplier. Based on the quantities we needed and the turnaround time, they could not meet our needs. Our Purchasing department, sought out HiMedia for a comparable media in which we tested 100 sample side-by-side and got comparable results. We wound up sticking with HiMedia and got a cheaper product with a much faster turnaround time.

We have used them for Yeast and Mold media in the microbiology lab when I worked in the Yogurt industry. We were ordering from VWR who were obtaining the media from an Indian supplier. Based on the quantities we needed and the turnaround time, they could not meet our needs. Our Purchasing department, sought out HiMedia for a comparable media in which we tested 100 sample side-by-side and got comparable results. We wound up sticking with HiMedia and got a cheaper product with a much faster turnaround time.

First post - and thanks for the info.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Water Testing - Two conflicting BRC Auditor Views Clause 4.5.1 Any advice on how to change views on food safety? Views on SQF edition 8 and upcoming FSMA policies Views on Six Sigma and Risk management courses Views on dry sanitation in a tuna cleaning factory US Consumer Views on Food Safety Views on the wearing hearing aids in a food packaging environment Views sought on front-of-pack labelling pH of cultured dairy products CCP views? What are your views on Food Irradiation?