What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cooling Water Treatment Food Grade?

Started by , Apr 08 2011 04:08 PM
3 Replies
Has anyone successfully used food grade chemicals to treat cooling tower water. If not what controls have you put in place such as maintenance training, increase PM frequency, pressure differentials, etc.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Frozen meals - cooling requirements Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Sauce cooling Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area
[Ad]
Dear John,

Welcome to the forum !

I think there is an older thread on this topic on the forum. May be worth your doing a little searching.

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi. Since you are located in the US, ZEP has a product called Peroxy Serve that works well for cooling water/direct container contact. I have attached their specification sheet for your information. Thank you.

Attached Files

Dear Ted,

I suspect the poster was looking for chemicals to treat the cooling water itself (eg biocides perhaps??) rather than the product/environment but I might be wrong.

I presume the same type of "guarantee" would be required as mentioned in yr attachment. The same kind of problem arises with lubricants, wall paints etc etc.

Thks anyway

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Frozen meals - cooling requirements Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Sauce cooling Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area Allergen segregation during cooling ? Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Cooling Product in Small bakery Question Regarding Cooling for NRTE Law of Cooling for calculating time