What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it better to bunch all knives, pen, stationery, jewellery policies?

Started by , May 18 2011 02:41 AM
8 Replies
At first I created glass/brittle plastic policy and gonna create knives/pen policy but after study go through this things... I have to control stationery (ruler,staple,paper clip. tape) also bandage which it's metal detectable one.... and recently read in this forum about jewellery control!

So do you think it's possible or better idea to bunch them together!?! I'm working on it!

So after finish I might ask you for suggest and correct grammar! Which I might forget or my company doesnt provide the right thing!!

Thank you!
Peter
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Employee handbook and policies Reviewing and Updating Policies Covering of jewellery Food Security Policies and Procedures
[Ad]
Personally I don't think it matters but I tend to do separate documents so it's a smaller amount to retrain if there's a change. I think I've always included Jewellery and metal detectable plasters in a personal hygiene policy though then had separate glass policy, knife policy, pen policy etc.
1 Thank
I have always tended to pack several issues into a fewer number of programs. I easily foudn what I needed, because I had written the program. However, I found that as others took over the programs, there was confusion because they did not know where everything was located. I now tend to write smaller specific programs, and combine only those issues that really go together. I also agree with GMO above that this tends to make (re)training easier.
A good cross-reference indexing your procedures to the clause #s in the standards by which you are audited eliminates all confusion. That being the case I hold by KISS - keep it simple, stupid - the less procedures the better. Bunch metal, glass, etc into a single "Foreign Material Control Program". Knives, pens, stationary, jewelry are relevant also to "Personnel Practices" - in that case pick one procedure to be its home and the other with a subheading listing simply "see_____".

At first I created glass/brittle plastic policy and gonna create knives/pen policy but after study go through this things... I have to control stationery (ruler,staple,paper clip. tape) also bandage which it's metal detectable one.... and recently read in this forum about jewellery control!

So do you think it's possible or better idea to bunch them together!?! I'm working on it!

So after finish I might ask you for suggest and correct grammar! Which I might forget or my company doesnt provide the right thing!!

Thank you!
Peter

Did you make any progress with this Peter?
If you need any proof readers let us know.

Regards,
Simon

Thank you!
Peter

Can anyone provide a sample of Knife policy?

Thanks,
YOUSEF

Can anyone provide a sample of Knife policy?

Thanks,
YOUSEF

This is what I have:

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

This is what I have:

Thanks for prividing the "Knife and Blade Program". It helped a lot.

Regards,
YOUSEF
I agree with what GMO has suggested as this is exactly what I preach to my clients here in Australia. I belive in keeping things simple but effective too!!

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Employee handbook and policies Reviewing and Updating Policies Covering of jewellery Food Security Policies and Procedures Cutting and creasing knives file How do you dispose of knives? SQF Policies and Templates Knives and Scissors control Knives Dip with Sanitizer (Quaternary based- Quorum Clear) in Processing Area