Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 08 March 2024 - 12:46 AM

Just a question regarding policies, we have our polices on display i.e. H&S, Food Safety. If these have been reviewed and there are not changes made, does management have to re-sign these with the review date or can they have the last date there were changes? 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 08 March 2024 - 12:53 AM

Hard to convince an auditor that you have reviewed everything each year without proof.

During our annual we note next to each index line item the date of the review and have a statement page that declares senior management m, SQF Practitioner, etc have reviewed everything with signatures and date - the date corresponds to each document line item.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 08 March 2024 - 12:53 AM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOHAMMED ZAMEERUDDIN

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Sharing the Knowledge

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:54 AM

The management will not need to re-sign the policy if no changes are made, only a review date needs to mention in the review record.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 528 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 March 2024 - 03:33 PM

Just make it part of your management review, that's what I do.   Proof is located in the minutes if they ask, etc etc.

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 March 2024 - 05:53 PM

Just make it part of your management review, that's what I do.   Proof is located in the minutes if they ask, etc etc.

This is what I've always preferred.  Document what SOP/s and programs are reviewed during a meeting, everyone who is involved and responsible for the program should sign off and the review itself should include document evaluating that program against the SQF code (especially if the code affecting that SOP has changed).

That said, I have had auditors look at a SOP that was lasted revised 5+ years ago and accuse us of not reviewing it.  Led to a fun little debate about what a REVISION history is intended to capture.  It's not a review history, and revision dates/history should only get updated when revisions are made.  -BUT- there are a lot of people who utilize the revision history to reflect review, adding a note like "Reviewed by Management - No Changes."  That annoys me, but as the saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,514 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 March 2024 - 07:30 PM

If no changes are made (aside from the management commitment piece)  that your intitules and a date should be sufficient 

I have docs with 4-5 sets of initials and dates as a mark of review on an unchanged policy or procedure

HOWEVER---your internal audit should match date of review and should say no deficiencies were found

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2024 - 05:02 PM

If they are displayed policies, as you stated, I would think you would want a signature and a posting date on each. It could serve as additional evidence of verification. All of our posted policies are reviewed and signed annually by the Owner / CEO. It's not just for your auditor(s), we have a lot of people comment and ask questions about them.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users