What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Step by step guide in developing an ISO 22000 or HACCP program

Started by , May 18 2011 04:23 PM
9 Replies
I am knew to ISO 22000. I am new to HACCP. I already said that exact thing before. I have learned some knowledge of PRP’s and HACCP plan from Charles C the past months as my boss instructed me to develop a food safety management system for 1 of our subsidiaries. Unfortunately, instead of ISO 22000, they will instead have joined in a web based Information Exchange system that allows the members to keep their information there and exchange among themselves. They are joining because customer requires them to be a member and they will be audited by a third-party on behalf of the customer. In effect it would be a second party audit.

However, based from the original plan there are 2 more subsidiaries that will go for ISO 22000 certification by September and October 2011.
Subsidiary A - engages in the distribution of fresh fruits and vegetables to key retail accounts in the country.
Subsidiary B - invested for a Vapor Heat Treatment facility to meet the stringent quality requirement of its export’s clients for fresh mangoes.

I need IFSQN members help in making action items – step by step guide in developing an ISO 22000 or HACPP programs. I am aware that we need to start with gap analysis, but I need to set expectation on what they need to complete. Without a good food industry experience, this is another difficult task.

Please help me.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
AIB Kill Step Calculator Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Kill step for powdered products Kill step measurement for bakery items Justifying not having a proper kill step in cookie production
[Ad]

I am knew to ISO 22000. I am new to HACCP. I already said that exact thing before. I have learned some knowledge of PRP’s and HACCP plan from Charles C the past months as my boss instructed me to develop a food safety management system for 1 of our subsidiaries. Unfortunately, instead of ISO 22000, they will instead have joined in a web based Information Exchange system that allows the members to keep their information there and exchange among themselves. They are joining because customer requires them to be a member and they will be audited by a third-party on behalf of the customer. In effect it would be a second party audit.

However, based from the original plan there are 2 more subsidiaries that will go for ISO 22000 certification by September and October 2011.
Subsidiary A - engages in the distribution of fresh fruits and vegetables to key retail accounts in the country.
Subsidiary B - invested for a Vapor Heat Treatment facility to meet the stringent quality requirement of its export’s clients for fresh mangoes.

I need IFSQN members help in making action items – step by step guide in developing an ISO 22000 or HACPP programs. I am aware that we need to start with gap analysis, but I need to set expectation on what they need to complete. Without a good food industry experience, this is another difficult task.

Please help me.

Probably I could not help you out in detail but right now I could attach a simple step-by-step guide in implementing ISO 22000 compliant FSMS. If you want to know more about ISO 22000 and HACCP you can find a wealth of free information here on this forum and on internet. If you have some time to wait, even I can share lot of information on this forum (obviously lot of that is contributed by this forum).

basic outline ISO22000 Plan-2.txt   2.77KB   402 downloads

Happy sharing!

Regards:
M.Zeeshan
4 Thanks

Probably I could not help you out in detail but right now I could attach a simple step-by-step guide in implementing ISO 22000 compliant FSMS. If you want to know more about ISO 22000 and HACCP you can find a wealth of free information here on this forum and on internet. If you have some time to wait, even I can share lot of information on this forum (obviously lot of that is contributed by this forum).

basic outline ISO22000 Plan-2.txt   2.77KB   402 downloads

Happy sharing!

Regards:
M.Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

Thanks for the great outline and for providing so much assistance. My OP was in haste. I mentioned my favorite Charles C, but failed to recognize other valuable contributors. Sorry. There are many great personalities here who give so much. I also would like to thank Simon for brining people together.

IFSQN contributors,

This says it all !!! Many, many thanks.
Implementation-of-FSMS-ISO-22000-2005-in-Small-Medium-Enterprises.pdf   3.02MB   303 downloads

Hello,
this booklet will help you for implementation of ISO 22000.

http://www.scribd.co...ium-Enterprises
File is also attached
Faisal Rafique
3 Thanks

If you have some time to wait, even I can share lot of information on this forum (obviously lot of that is contributed by this forum).

Please do. I can wait.
Dear faisal rafique,

Thks for yr info. I believe this document is already available on this forum (somewhere ). But please feel free to re-post the document here if you hv it yourself.

I also believe the site to which you refer generally requires money.

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank
Dear Charles,

Desired copy of booklet is attached, yes you are right now scribd is looking for money.
Faisal Rafique

Dear faisal rafique,

Thks for yr info. I believe this document is already available on this forum (somewhere ). But please feel free to re-post the document here if you hv it yourself.

I also believe the site to which you refer generally requires money.

Rgds / Charles.C

hELLO Everybody!.

Does someone has a quality manual template for ISO 22000:2005?

I know that this management system doesn't require, however I will like to create one.

thank you.

LuigiRobert.
Dear Luigirobert,

For a manual, the simplest answer to yr query is to re-iterate (ie textually confirm that you have implemented) the contents/requirements of the ISO 22000 standard which i presume you already possess.

Understanding the contents/requirements is of course a rather different exercise.

Rgds / Charles.C
Thank you Zeeshan for the information you provided. Please can you also assist in posting a format/template that can be use as a guide in developing these standards.

Regards,
Goodness

Hi Zeeshan,

Thanks for the great outline and for providing so much assistance. My OP was in haste. I mentioned my favorite Charles C, but failed to recognize other valuable contributors. Sorry. There are many great personalities here who give so much. I also would like to thank Simon for brining people together.

IFSQN contributors,

This says it all !!! Many, many thanks.

Similar Discussion Topics
AIB Kill Step Calculator Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Kill step for powdered products Kill step measurement for bakery items Justifying not having a proper kill step in cookie production Dehydration kill step validation Consistency of terminal disinfection step in tray washing - chemical v hot water Metal Detector as a last step - is this a CCP or OPRP? Chilling Process after Baking step Can't get our heads around Decision Tree for this step