What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Effect of freezing on food microbiology

Started by , May 25 2011 02:11 PM
3 Replies
Due to a recent inspection we have been presented with the question on the effect freezing hase on the population of possible food contaminants. I have found an article discussing this in the case of campylobacter, but i would need axamples for the other food contaminants. Any suggestions for good reads?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
RCA or Cause and Effect Matrix Flours effect on APC count? Shrimp ammonium smell as an effect of drying Is there any effect on food safety if we take eggs from different farms to produce pasteurized liquid eggs? Effect of the allergens of the seasoning mix on the final product
[Ad]

Due to a recent inspection we have been presented with the question on the effect freezing hase on the population of possible food contaminants. I have found an article discussing this in the case of campylobacter, but i would need axamples for the other food contaminants. Any suggestions for good reads?

I have wanted to get my hands on the full article
Archer, DL. “Freezing: an underutilized food safety technology?” International Journal of Food Microbiology. January 15, 2004; 90(2): 127-38 (PubMed 14698095)
but was never able to. I have read the abstract and it seems like a good read.

A
Take a look at the following data sheets for specific pathogens. In each of these there is a section called "Inactivation (CCP and Hurdles)" Here you will find details on the impact of Freezing on specific pathogens.

Data sheets

It a useful and quick place to start...

George Howlett
3 Thanks
Thanks for both suggestions!

I found a full copy of the review "freezing, an underutilized food safety technology?", so i put it in an attachment :)

Attached Files

5 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
RCA or Cause and Effect Matrix Flours effect on APC count? Shrimp ammonium smell as an effect of drying Is there any effect on food safety if we take eggs from different farms to produce pasteurized liquid eggs? Effect of the allergens of the seasoning mix on the final product How to effect an effective Food Safety Culture Change Seasoning Blends - Yeast Count Effect Effect of BRC issue 8 on a company with BRC IoP issue 5 Certification? Roasted nut - effect of moisture on micro growth Effect of moisture content on cashew nut kernels