What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Truck Cleaning and sanitation

Started by , Jun 08 2011 04:36 PM
9 Replies
Hello everybody. I started to work recently at an egg production company, and we are implementing HACCP. When I started to look at distribution conditions, I notest that most of the trucks have wooden parts inside,and besides very big so I wonder since is going to be too expensive to change the structure, I need help to figure how to clean them efficiently. I hear any suggestions. Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Protocols for truck deliveries of product Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Standards for truck drivers entering the facility Temperature of the interior of the truck at receiving
[Ad]
Bump.
What are you exactly transporting with the vehicles?
raw eggs from farm? packed egg products for consumers? egg products for industry (liquid eggs in tanks)?

What are you exactly transporting with the vehicles?
raw eggs from farm? packed egg products for consumers? egg products for industry (liquid eggs in tanks)?

Hello Madam. D-tor, I will shortly explain the process, we receive raw eggs from henhouse trough a conveyor belt and they are graded. Then, they are transported to another building where they are packed. So the transportation is the whole eggs graded (after separating dirty, cracked product, etc) without packaging yet.
2 to 4 ppm. ozonated water with 1 min. contact time will disinfect the surface immediately and help you to get rid of the unpleasant smell (odor-control). You can use a mobile cart generator on wheels and move freely in and around the truck.

But Ozone is compatible with certain materials, may i ask what material is the inner surface of the truck made of? I can send a Ozone compatible materials list and their grades of compatibility.

Best Regards

Gokay Altun
1 Thank

2 to 4 ppm. ozonated water with 1 min. contact time will disinfect the surface immediately and help you to get rid of the unpleasant smell (odor-control). You can use a mobile cart generator on wheels and move freely in and around the truck.

But Ozone is compatible with certain materials, may i ask what material is the inner surface of the truck made of? I can send a Ozone compatible materials list and their grades of compatibility.

Best Regards

Gokay Altun

I would really appreciate that material list to check with the maintenance area!
Biotek Ozone Material Compatibility Sheet.pdf   63.21KB   55 downloads

Here is ozone compatibility list attached.

Kitchen sink surface, tools and equipments are usually Stainless steel and ozone high highly compatible with SUS.

Referring to the attached list, pls. find out the floor coating material of the truck.

Best Regards

Gokay Altun
1 Thank
Dear guillenclau,

Probably be more satisfactory (and probably economic also) to avoid using the wood. Unless you are faced with an industry-wide situation (eg like palletising). Seafood was once all-wood also but gradually people "saw the light" .

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Dear guillenclau,

Probably be more satisfactory (and probably economic also) to avoid using the wood. Unless you are faced with an industry-wide situation (eg like palletising). Seafood was once all-wood also but gradually people "saw the light" .

Rgds / Charles.C

Yes we know is better to avoid wood, but we have a great number of trucks (very big trucks) and it won't be possible to change them all at once... We are in a transition process..

Similar Discussion Topics
Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Protocols for truck deliveries of product Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Standards for truck drivers entering the facility Temperature of the interior of the truck at receiving Mock Crisis - Truck breaks down on highway Is there any problem with having a microwave in the shipping area for truck drivers? Lease truck cleaning requirement 5.10.4 Lunch truck selling food to factory employees during Covid-19 What to include in a truck breakdown procedure when we outsource distribution?