What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological tests required for Scottish candy tablet

Started by , Jun 11 2011 06:51 PM
0 Reply
Hi all

My name is Ilias. Recently I was asked by a Scottish catering business to help them optimize one of their products which is the tablet. Tablet is a kind of candy that it is made by sugar, condensed milk, semi skimmed milk and butter. This business has already a HACCP plan that follows the EatSafe guidelines. All the ingredients they use come into packaging from retailers. I have detected some problems with the packaging material since it is common greaseproof paper that they buy from a local store. Also I would like to run a check on the final product from a microbiological aspect and the only thing I can think of is check for yeast contamination. Since the final product is of low water activity I don't see any need to check for pathogens.
I would appreciate some info on the final checks, if someone has a better insight in the candy manufacturing.

Regards

Ilias
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Procedure for microbiological analysis Validating microbiological testing in-house Microbiological Limits for Finished Product Testing Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation