What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality Control Parameters for Tetrapak Fruit Juice.

Started by , Jul 01 2011 04:53 AM
7 Replies
Dear Members,

Could someone guide me about the quality control parameters for Tetrapak fruit juice.

Best wishes
Sujit
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]
Not something I've worked in but I suspect Brix (sugar) and pH will be important.
1 Thank
Thanks GMO. Yes I also found brix, Ph, acidity.

Regards
Sujit

Dear Members,

Could someone guide me about the quality control parameters for Tetrapak fruit juice.

Best wishes
Sujit

In addition to the parameters quoted, I would add organoleptic qualities such as colour and flavour. I worked with Tetra pak juices in the 90s - and orange juice particularly gets dark and tastes poor after 6 months. Also, Vitamin C needs to be measured near the end of the shelf life to ensure it is still present in the stated quantities. Apple Juice had a much better shelf life - around 12 months IIRC. Pineapple like Orange was subject to darkening.
Hope that helps
Dear Sujit,

Assuming that you are doing commercial sterilization, other QA parameters of importance are online checks for pack integrity(dye test, tear test etc), batch codes, Expiry date codes as well as shelf life simulations through incubation(if UHT process is used). You should also evaluate indicative microbial load of the finished product to ensure sterility is achieved.

I hope this suffices.

agwanda
Thank you, GMO, Mel, Agwanda.
Regards,
Sujit

Dear Members,

Best wishes
Sujit

Hi Sujith,

We are only analyzing for Brix, Acidity, pH, and specific gravity.

Microbiological wise we are testing for
>APC
>Total coliforms
>E coli
> yeast and moulds

regards, food safety boy
1 Thank
Food Safety boy,

How are you checking specific gravity ?. Can you give me some values for different juices.

Warm regards,
Sujit

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?