What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP for surimi products eg imitation crab

Started by , Jul 06 2011 02:57 AM
1 Reply
Hi all,
I am looking into hazards and control measures for surimi based products such as imitation crab/shrimp/shellfish. I am having trouble determining the hazards for this type of food. I assume that the hazards in the raw material (surimi) would be the same as for raw fish?
What about control measures - are the cooking steps sufficient to inactivate pathogens? Are they considered a CCP?
What about pasteurisation after packaging - is this for pathogen control or to reduce spoilage microflora.
Thanks,
Duncan.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5
[Ad]
Dear Duncan,

I suggest you post a flow chart if you hv one. i hv previously seen haccp plans for "surimi" on the net but it may relate to the specific flow / components.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality'