What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Parameters for swabs

Started by , Jul 21 2011 07:01 AM
1 Reply
Dear All,

Good day!

Can anyone suggest a USDA / FDA / WHO recognized parameters / standards for testing hand swabs, food contact surface swabs, and environmental swabs. I am currently looking for a standard I could use as a reference to verify our hand washing system and cleaning program.

You help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? Compressed Air - Micro parameters Validate setting machine parameters for the old production FSSC v5.1 - Parameters in Testing Finished Good
[Ad]
I do not believe there is a standard as such for testsing hand swabs as such. you can devise your own systemn by training your staff in hand washing and then taking swabs to see if they are washing their hands adequately. You need to seign your own procedures.

In tems of cleaning I would recommend that if the cleaning and sanitation is conducted adequetely then the Standard Plate Counts will be < 100 CFU/ swab and coliforms should be < 10 CFU/swab.

The above should help you.
2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? Compressed Air - Micro parameters Validate setting machine parameters for the old production FSSC v5.1 - Parameters in Testing Finished Good Relative moisture parameters in a warehouse for dried spice How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? Chemical Parameters of Ready To Heat Curries and Fried Rice Finished product critical parameters for dry aging of beef Water Testing Parameters