• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 03 December 2023 - 03:30 AM

Hello all members, 
I want to conduct the first BRCGS food safety audit certification for the old product. This product has been produced since 8 years ago. All setting machine parameters (such as temperature, and pressure) are stable. The test report of production always is passed following the customer's requirements and laws. Shall I need to validate all setting machine parameters again when conducting BRCGS requirements  (Clause 2.12: Validate the HACCP plan and establish verification procedures (equivalent to Codex Alimentarius Step 11, Principle 6)? 

Thank you for your support.

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 December 2023 - 04:20 PM

Hi!

If I'm understanding correctly, you have a product that you have already validated but has not been audited under the GFSI/BRC scheme correct?  If this is the case summarizing your validation data and showing what you have done as your initial validation of the system should be sufficient for BRC.  The verification of the HACCP plan should be part of the plan already (i.e. how do you verify that the HACCP plan is working on a regular basis?). 

Thanked by 1 Member:

nguyen191086

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:11 AM

Hi!

If I'm understanding correctly, you have a product that you have already validated but has not been audited under the GFSI/BRC scheme correct?  If this is the case summarizing your validation data and showing what you have done as your initial validation of the system should be sufficient for BRC.  The verification of the HACCP plan should be part of the plan already (i.e. how do you verify that the HACCP plan is working on a regular basis?). 

Yes, we validated this product for many years ago. However, we didn't record it. Thank for your support.

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2023 - 04:22 PM

Yes, we validated this product for many years ago. However, we didn't record it. Thank for your support.

A proper validation requires the process and testing to actually be recordedd. If you didn't record it, you need to do the validation again (and this time do the recording).

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOHAMMED ZAMEERUDDIN

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Sharing the Knowledge

Posted 06 December 2023 - 05:14 AM

Record of the validation is a must.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 07 December 2023 - 03:57 AM

Hi nguyen191086,

I would think that 8 years of data would be sufficient to convince an auditor that the process is validated providing you can demonstrate with documented evidence that the range of temperature and pressure settings produce a safe product.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

nguyen191086

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:33 AM

Hi nguyen191086,

I would think that 8 years of data would be sufficient to convince an auditor that the process is validated providing you can demonstrate with documented evidence that the range of temperature and pressure settings produce a safe product.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thank Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users