What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recall Procedures for the Egg Industry

Started by , Sep 01 2011 09:19 PM
2 Replies
I am trying to write Product recall procedures for a shell egg facility. If anybody would have an example of a recall procedure I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall?
[Ad]
Hey there,

Try this useful document to develop your own. Generally speaking, it doesn't matter what your facility produces. Throughout all manufacturing plants you need to know how to trace:

• Your raw materials from as soon as they arrive through your plant til the products you make are produced by your consumers
  • Opened raw materials that are transferred into sealed containers (storage) - traceability still needs to be active!
  • Work in Progress and Production (prepping, cooking, cooling, storage, etc). You need to know which raw materials were used at any given time (your production records should have a cross reference with batch codes used from your raw materials)
  • Storage of finished product - as above
  • Dispatch & Distribution - trace through your dispatch records where your product went. You need to know who you are selling your product to.

A recall plan should be able to be conducted both forwards and backwards.

Hope this helps. I'm sure someone here will forward you a sample of their recall plan. I would have to charge you for mine!!

Attached Files

1 Thank
Here is a Government of Canada website with Recall Plan templates, very useful. http://www.inspectio...p/mgguide.shtml
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Can we use Mock Recall information for a Traceability Exercise Risk assessment to determine if recall necessary Customer requesting information for mock recall