What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help Interpreting Clause 1.3.4 - Key Staff

Started by , Oct 03 2011 03:58 PM
4 Replies
Hi All

Wading through stuff to do before we have our first Issue 4 audit.

I am stuck with clause 1.3.4. "There shall be appropriate documented arrangements in place to cover for the absence of key staff.

Key staff?

I can't seem to find an adequate definition. I would appreciate some ideas

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Interpreting ComBase results BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food?
[Ad]

Hi All

Wading through stuff to do before we have our first Issue 4 audit.

I am stuck with clause 1.3.4. "There shall be appropriate documented arrangements in place to cover for the absence of key staff.

Key staff?

I can't seem to find an adequate definition. I would appreciate some ideas

Thanks

Key staff are normally those who manage activites that can affect product quality, safety or legality and staff whose activities can affect product quality, safety or legality.

Regards,

Tony
In our Production Area, we have taken it to mean Supervisors, Toolsetters, Quality Controllers, Production Manager, General Manager & Quality & Hygiene Manager.
At the bottom of your COmpany Organizational Chart, add the line "In manager is not at the production plant, contact the next person above them on the chart for assistance."
Hello,

We achieved BRC issue 4. We compiled the list with a Key staff, where we listed all the Management team and the Quality team. The auditor liked that document.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Interpreting ComBase results BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 Staff to be trained on Quality Manual or FSMS Manual BRCGS 4.2.4 - Staff Training In Food Defence