What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you handle non-conformity related to monetary loss?

Started by , Oct 07 2011 07:25 AM
4 Replies
This is a hypothetical question but I would appreciate your opinion. How do you handle non-conformity related to monetary loss? Is the company responsible for the entire cost? Will the loss be shouldered by both the company and the erring employee? Or should the department head be equally liable together with the erring employee...more so if investigation results show that the root cause was due to "negligence"?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food loss and waste procedure How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety
[Ad]
Company is responsible for all costs. You cannot fine or take money from employees, even in a case of negligence...unless you take it through the courts.

That's my opinion.

The company employs the people and they are responsible for ensuring they are competent and also for ensuring that systems are in place to prevent errors...whatever there causes.

Regards,
Simon
1 Thank

Company is responsible for all costs. You cannot fine or take money from employees, even in a case of negligence...unless you take it through the courts.

That's my opinion.

The company employs the people and they are responsible for ensuring they are competent and also for ensuring that systems are in place to prevent errors...whatever there causes.

Regards,
Simon

I totally agreeing with everything you said. If some sort of negligence was involved, then it could be addressed by training and motivation. Both are managment responsibilities.
I agree with Simon. If we have an issue of this nature, the employee is subject to varying levels of discipline, up to the point of job termination, depending on the severity of the matter and the employees level of training. Responsibility also lies in the hands of the employee's supervisor and they too can face disciplinary action.
I might also add that we fully investigate each situation and provide additional training if needed. But the company, in the end, assumes all expenses.
Although sometimes it would be nice to dish out fines and perhaps even more stringent punishment from time to time.

Naughty operator (or manager) me

Similar Discussion Topics
Food loss and waste procedure How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety IFS 1.3.3 - Risk assessment related investments Food Loss and Waste How to handle Burnt Flats? Closing period for non-conformity How to handle the following FDA observation: Your plant was not constructed to facilitate maintenance and sanitary operations