What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Removal of Protective Clothing Prior to Breaks

Started by , Oct 20 2011 09:44 AM
5 Replies
I am currently reviewing and updating the Food Safety and Quality Management for a bakery who are due for their second BRC audit in December. It is difficult for employees to remove all of their protective clothing prior to taking breaks. I personally don't see there is a great risk of contamination of products from the protective clothing, therefore I was intending to change the Personal Hygiene Rules to specify that only the bakers jackets need to be removed. I would be interested in other members views on this topic.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Supporting documents to show the removal of a product from the inventory? NHPs- removal and required changes? Waste Management and removal of preprinted name bags Removal and archiving of HACCP plans?
[Ad]
In issue 5 you can motivate not removing the clothes by a risk assessment.
1 Thank
What is your nut / allergen control policy in terms of the foodstuffs employees are allowed to bring into work and also what is provided by the company in the canteen. This obviously makes a difference to the risk assessment.

Regards,
Simon
To Skye:

Areas to consider:-

a) The workers may want to take cigarette and the ash may contaminate part of the unremoved protective clothing.

b) How about those who visit the wash room to do their BIG or SMALL businesses? Any chances of splash???

Someone asking me these questions last time and I am here to share with you.
1 Thank
Personally I don't think any sound risk assessment could conclude that food worker overalls can be worn when eating, drinking, smoking, and visiting the bathroom.

If one has been successful I'd like to see it.
No Simon I now agree and have drawn up procedures which include bakers smocks/jackets having to be removed prior to taking breaks and going to the toilet.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Supporting documents to show the removal of a product from the inventory? NHPs- removal and required changes? Waste Management and removal of preprinted name bags Removal and archiving of HACCP plans? Foreign object removal steps for pulpy product Validating the removal of CCP Pasteurization Waste Removal of 275 Gallons Cardboard Totes Condensation removal - slaughterhouse Protective clothing removal at a storage and distribution site