What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Evaluating sensoric properties of UHT juice consistently

Started by , Oct 24 2011 04:34 AM
1 Reply
Dear all
I am working with UHT juices, and wondering how we evaluate the sensoric (colour, taste, aroma) of materials and finished good
We use fruit concentrates, and no colour addition, so the colour of product pretty much depends on the raw mats, and we do often get variation in raw mats
We dont have colourimeter, and wonder how we can evaluate the consistency of the raw mats and juices. So far we rely on the analist' perception on what is usual or not. But it's hard if we only evaluate a few batches on one month, I mean people do forget what the usual colour, taste, aroma is
Maybe anyone has similar experience to this?

Cheers
Sandra
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Codex - evaluating Critical Control Points Evaluating your Food Safety Culture Criteria for evaluating a supplier to determine the level of risk?
[Ad]

Dear all
I am working with UHT juices, and wondering how we evaluate the sensoric (colour, taste, aroma) of materials and finished good
We use fruit concentrates, and no colour addition, so the colour of product pretty much depends on the raw mats, and we do often get variation in raw mats
We dont have colourimeter, and wonder how we can evaluate the consistency of the raw mats and juices. So far we rely on the analist' perception on what is usual or not. But it's hard if we only evaluate a few batches on one month, I mean people do forget what the usual colour, taste, aroma is
Maybe anyone has similar experience to this?

Cheers
Sandra

Hi Sandra, Well you need to take the subjectivity out of your quality control by making some relevant standards and references that you can compare against. Colour should be possible to measure, taste surely depends on the balance and quality of ingredients as does aroma and there will be attributes you can measure there. What do your suppliers measure? Maybe seek advice from trade associations, laboratories?

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Codex - evaluating Critical Control Points Evaluating your Food Safety Culture Criteria for evaluating a supplier to determine the level of risk?