What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Comparison of powder and granular calcium propionate

Started by , Jan 18 2012 08:14 AM
3 Replies
i just wanna know which form of calcium propionate is better (powder or granular) as a preservative in our frozen dough product like pizza dough, flate bread dough.

is granular is more effective than powder?
plz help

thanks
saqib
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018
[Ad]
Hi,

If the only difference is the particle size, then they should work equally well.

In general, granules can dissolve in water more easily, easier to work with and do not cake up so fast.

Regards,
HY
thanks HY
so which one will be better work .
i mean if you have an option, which one would you like to use

thanks
saqib

Hi,

If the only difference is the particle size, then they should work equally well.

In general, granules can dissolve in water more easily, easier to work with and do not cake up so fast.

Regards,
HY

Since application is in dough, then perhaps the powdered form might be a better choice, in terms of evenly spread out and distribution within the dough, i think.

Similar Discussion Topics
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018 IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2018 v 2017 Comparison between 10/2011/EU and 21CFR175 300 ISO9001:2015 comparison with ISO22000 Comparison of allergen adhesion properties Comparison of GFSI Schemes (and Codex)