What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Modified atmosphere packaging for eggs

Started by , Jan 19 2012 10:45 PM
3 Replies
Has anyone heard about MAP in fresh eggs? There is a lot of research about the benefits, but someone knows a product in the market and the results? Do you see in your countries these products comercialized?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Food Safety Plan Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified?
[Ad]
Hello guillenclau, In the UK I normally see eggs just in the standard cardboard egg box. Never seen anything else really.

Lets see what answer you get from members.

Regards,
Simon

eggbox.jpg   38.1KB   5 downloads
1 Thank
We usually have them in plastic materials. Not really eco friendly, but that's what we get.

I tried searching for MAP eggs, but came up empty. What kind of "benefits" are there for MAP eggs? It would be interesting to findout, though maybe not as cost effective for consumers?

Attached Files

• egg.jpg   22.78KB   2 downloads

We usually have them in plastic materials. Not really eco friendly, but that's what we get.

I tried searching for MAP eggs, but came up empty. What kind of "benefits" are there for MAP eggs? It would be interesting to findout, though maybe not as cost effective for consumers?

Hi Hongyun, since eggs lose water and CO2 during aging, MAP would help to extend shelf life!

Similar Discussion Topics
Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Food Safety Plan Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified? Recurring complaints for mouldy, discoloration packs in pepperoni packed in modified atmosphere CCPs for Modified atmosphere packing and Water activity Modified Atmosphere Packaging and using Oxygen Scavengers Need help interpreting CODEX standard microbial limits for modified starch Fresh Unprocessed Meat Low Oxygen Modified Atmosphere Packaging Raw Ma