What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Retailer Systems for New Product Development

Started by , Mar 30 2012 11:22 AM
5 Replies
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone have any copies of the development stages that retailers use or something similar?

I am looking at lecturing some NPD classes for BSc Food Technology/Food Management students and would like to show them examples of what the current retailers do and what to expect when they reach industry.

Kind Regards,

Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedure for controlling the disposal of printed retailer packaging waste? Retailer QAS Quality Attribute Sheet Retailer private standards Retailer Iceland celebrity chef UK? Sainsburys and M&S Retailer Approved Meat Supplier List
[Ad]
Hi.

I've worked with a majority of the retailers over the years and a few years ago drafted the attached for some teacher friends (secondary school). This gives an overview of the process mainly from Sainsburys/ M&S point of view but actual process for other retailers is not much different (generally timeframes are the key). Hope this is of use.

Regards

Attached Files

2 Thanks
Dear Scotty,

Thks for this fascinating document.

Bit of a typographical blooper on page 2?.

Rgds / Charles.C
Scotty,

This is brilliant.

Thank you very much for this information!

Regards,

Simon

Hi.

I've worked with a majority of the retailers over the years and a few years ago drafted the attached for some teacher friends (secondary school). This gives an overview of the process mainly from Sainsburys/ M&S point of view but actual process for other retailers is not much different (generally timeframes are the key). Hope this is of use.

Regards

I've found some more information that may be of use. (as per attached)

The revised presentation contains further sections on packaging and branding.
The NPD process document was a summary from a few years ago from a Food Safety & Quality manual that was being written, and the 'Being a Food Developer' is a case study from developers in the industry (was copied from a website which I think has now been closed).

The 'dis3801' is a study done in the Netherlands regarding NPD etc.

Regards

Attached Files

4 Thanks
Scotty, again thank you kindly for the attached documents. These are brilliant.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedure for controlling the disposal of printed retailer packaging waste? Retailer QAS Quality Attribute Sheet Retailer private standards Retailer Iceland celebrity chef UK? Sainsburys and M&S Retailer Approved Meat Supplier List Traceability when a manufacturer acts as a retailer Retailer Standards - Do they have any for themselves? Retailer Training Courses FDA Food Code for retailer Wal-Mart urges retailer support of food safety plan