• Quick Navigation
Photo

Procedure for controlling the disposal of printed retailer packaging waste?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dominik_t

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:06 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone have a procedure for controlling the disposal of printed waste (packaging) for retailers, please? We have been asked for one from the customer who wants to make sure employees are not taking empty packaging home (while opening packs with the product during rework) and then raising a complaint at the store. 

We are dealing with several retailers (own label) + ours and not sure how to get around it. Does anyone else have a similiar procedure in place please?

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 89 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:06 PM

Who is the disposal company you use?  They should be able to provide you with a document that says how they destroy it.  That is what I have used in the past.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:14 PM

If you're destroying them in house you could could institute a check list for the team lead/supervisor

A) how many total reworks

B) photos of them destroyed (cut or fully defaced)

C) Initials that they were destroyed

But if your talking large volumes/shift that are bagged and sent for destruction, request a certificate of destruction

Also, include during training, that company property cannot be removed from the facility (including any packaging) without management written permission

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

dominik_t

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:29 PM

If you're destroying them in house you could could institute a check list for the team lead/supervisor

A) how many total reworks

B) photos of them destroyed (cut or fully defaced)

C) Initials that they were destroyed

But if your talking large volumes/shift that are bagged and sent for destruction, request a certificate of destruction

Also, include during training, that company property cannot be removed from the facility (including any packaging) without management written permission

We don't destroy them in-house. We split the bag, tip the content on the line and empty bags go into the bin. This bin is later taken to the skip outside and collected by an external company. 

I like the idea to include your suggestion on induction training. I can't think how else we could prove what we open we destroy? 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users