What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality Internal Audit for BRC v6

Started by , Apr 10 2012 11:00 AM
2 Replies
Hi,
Does anyone can help me with a Quality Internal Audit for BRC issue 6 please?
Our company doesn’t have BRC certification at all yet and two weeks ago our customer audited us with a V6 and one of my non conformances is:
‘All areas of the Quality Management System are not currently subject to scheduled internal audit.’

Can you please tell me how the proper audit should look like and what should be cover?
I will highly appreciate any comments and opinions.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]
Dear Birdsong,

Thks for the question. This is a popular topic. Some ideas might be obtained by trying "Internal Audit" in the forum search engine.

A generic answer might be that it involves "checking" how well yr implemented food safety system ensures an appropriate coverage of all the paragraphs in the BRC food standard. This is effectively a "System Audit". Other people seem to interpret the terminology in more narrow ways, eg documentation audit. In practice a risk evaluation is usually also involved at some level, eg an inspection frequency weighting based on the actual results.

The relevance of responses might be improved by giving some idea of yr product / process ?.

Rgds / Charles.C
Also be sure to check the files library for any example documents you may need.

Here is a great checklist for an internal audit based on Issue 6.

http://www.ifsqn.com...udit-checklist/

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?