What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Heavy Metals Limit Standard for Industrial Chemicals

Started by , May 29 2012 02:26 PM
1 Reply
I am working as Food Safety Inspector in a Food Manufacturing Plant. I am looking for a specific standard for heavy metals limit (Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium) for Industrial chemicals (like cleaning chemicals and paints).
I hope somebody can provide me a standard. This will be of great help to me especially I am developing a Quality Control Procedure for Pre-Accepatance of Industrial Chemicals.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Testing Peppers and Onions for Heavy Metals and Pesticides United States Heavy Metal limits in Food Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish
[Ad]
Hi

You would first need to identify what you will be cleaning / painting with these materials and whether or not they will contact food directly, and the levels of residue remaining after cleaning.

There is a link below relating to materials contacing foodstuffs which will advise migration limits.
http://ec.europa.eu/...pec_dirs_en.htm

Alternatively you can always contact your materials supplier and advise them of the nature of use and ask them to advise what they have available that meet your requirements and any relevant standards / regulations, obtain either certificates or declarations of conformity for each batch of materials confirming they conform to the agreed requirements.

Hope this helps

I am working as Food Safety Inspector in a Food Manufacturing Plant. I am looking for a specific standard for heavy metals limit (Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium) for Industrial chemicals (like cleaning chemicals and paints).
I hope somebody can provide me a standard. This will be of great help to me especially I am developing a Quality Control Procedure for Pre-Accepatance of Industrial Chemicals.

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Testing Peppers and Onions for Heavy Metals and Pesticides United States Heavy Metal limits in Food Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish Control measures for heavy metals and pesticides in the reception of olives Annual analysis of heavy metal and pesticide for Thailand market SQF 2.3.2.9 - Heavy Metals and Pesticides Heavy metal testing in-house? Heavy metal and pesticide MRL