What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

pH adjustment in canned vegetables using citric acid

Started by , Jun 04 2012 10:17 PM
2 Replies
Hi everyone

Need some help, how much acid citric is needed in order to adjust pH in canned vegetables, my initial pH is around 4,8 but I want to have a pH lower than 4.6 to decrease the thermal treatment and do not allow the growth of thermophilus microorganisms.

Cheers!!!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score)
[Ad]
Trial and error... You need to do your own trials by adding citric acid and measuring the pH for all the samples. Sad to say, there is no easy way out. Plus there is the taste factor you need to put into consideration.

You can start with 0.05% citric acid and work your way up or down.

1 Thank
thanks!!!! I will try and will post the results!!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) What is the suggested nitric acid and phosphoric acid ratio for CIP? Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Low acid energy drinks labeling Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Food safety requirements for ready meals production with fresh vegetables and salad