What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Questions on Product Development, Food Defense HA and Labeling

Started by , Oct 30 2012 07:02 PM
1 Reply
Dear all,

I have few questions:

4.3.1 A procedure for product development shall be in place which incorporates the hazard analysis principles, in accordance with the HACCP system.

Does that mean that we have to do everything from the beginning? Steps, CCP's,monitoring, verification...Even if the product is similar as the one we already have? Example, maybe?

6.1.2 A food defense hazard analysis and assessment of associated risks shall have been performed and documented....

Does that mean that we have to write down the table with the B/C/P/A hazard? Any example maybe? We have already written down the procedure in text. Is this enough?

4.5.5 The company shall ensure that the packaging used corresponds to the product being packed.

What hazard is this? C?

Which risk is covered by the labeling? We are checking lot number, "use by" date, ingredients (allergens). I covered bacterial,chemical and allergens. But this mean that in one process (packing and labeling)we have 3 CP's. Is this normal?

I am confused. From 9 CP's we get to 15 CP's. Is this OK?

I work in meat process production. And in the past we had problems with already printed labels, with labels that are printed during work - the employees were not careful enough...So we need to establish input control and output control.

I would appreciate any kind of information.

Kind regards,
Tatjana

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions
[Ad]
Can any IFS users help Tatjana with this query.

Thanks,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions Questions/Evaluate this chocolate powdered milk formulation OmniVis Food Safety Testing Questions What kind of questions can you expect an auditor to ask shop floor staff? FSMA Compliance Builder Questions Sanitation Chemicals - Inventory and storage questions