What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sanitizer for Fruit and Vegetables into High Care

Started by , Dec 10 2012 08:01 AM
5 Replies
Poll
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Entryway Sanitizer for Dry Environments? Chlorine concentration as food contact sanitizer Looking for a chemical solution preferably with sanitizer for our dishwashing unit Polycarbonate Mold Washing with Sanitizer
[Ad]

Poll

Where ?

Rgds / Charles.C
Ha ha, im not sure how to activate the poll.... i will try again...
If you tell us the question and possible answers we can help you make it Tersia.

Regards,
Simon
Oh, ok, thanks!

Question: What sanitizer do you use to sanitize whole fruit and vegetables into a high care area for processing?

Simon, i would just like to get an idea of what sanitizer is most popular for whole fruits and vegetables into high care for processing.

Regards

Tersia

Oh, ok, thanks!

Question: What sanitizer do you use to sanitize whole fruit and vegetables into a high care area for processing?

Simon, i would just like to get an idea of what sanitizer is most popular for whole fruits and vegetables into high care for processing.

Regards

Tersia

Dear Tersia,

If you want an actual poll, you will have to post a list of the typical options first so that people can vote into the list after Simon manipulates the format and posts it for you. Maximum approx 8-10 items from memory. (i seem to recall textbooks typically list around 6-8 popular choices for sanitisers.)
People usually include "Other" as the last option.

BTW, I think there are some literature extracts / haccp quotes on sanitiser choices in a few places on this forum. The subject certainly came up in one thread where a detailed iso22000 haccp plan for cut vegetables was argued over. The traditional sanitiser options rarely give much more than l-2 logs at best i think. Some newer ones claim substantially more but I'm not sure how well validated this claim is for the general case. Potentially a large market of course but I don't think anyone has so far consistently validated fulfilment of a Codex CCP's requirements for this step.

I think everyone knows what is (probably) the cheapest option. And my guess (in advance) the most common one also.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Entryway Sanitizer for Dry Environments? Chlorine concentration as food contact sanitizer Looking for a chemical solution preferably with sanitizer for our dishwashing unit Polycarbonate Mold Washing with Sanitizer SQF Plant - Using Boiling Water and Wipe to Clean the equipment without Detergent and Sanitizer Fresh herbs micro testing- washed with PAA sanitizer Can I allow tissue use with company provided sanitizer to be used afterwards? Oxine Sanitizer for cleaning in beverages Organic Sanitizer Recommendations