What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preferred method for Listeria detection and enumeration

Started by , Feb 25 2013 03:17 PM
6 Replies
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what the preferred method for detection and enumeration of Listeria Monocytogenes is these days? I am looking at ISO 11290 but I don't know if that is up to date or not.

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred standard in USA Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment
[Ad]
BUMP.

Can anyone please help trubertq with this query.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what the preferred method for detection and enumeration of Listeria Monocytogenes is these days? I am looking at ISO 11290 but I don't know if that is up to date or not.

Thanks

Most of us i would guess are using the Elisa method

Caz x
Yes, ISO11290 parts 1 & 2 (2004 amendments) are the current international standards for detection & enumeration of L.mono.
1 Thank

Has anyone used PDX-LIB for FCS or environmental Listeria spp. detection? We're looking to bring this testing in house and this is the most convenient test available (no enrichment step).

I am in a dairy plant and we have been using this method for 3 years now and have had no problems. They are very easy to use after 48 hours any presumptive positives we send off to our outside lab for verification that it is not LM.

Kevin

I am in a dairy plant and we have been using this method for 3 years now and have had no problems. They are very easy to use after 48 hours any presumptive positives we send off to our outside lab for verification that it is not LM.

Kevin

Dear Kevin,

I hope the 3 years includes occasional "positive" validations.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred standard in USA Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment Preferred packaging of fresh, chilled or frozen meat cuts