What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Transport Records for Cleaning and Maintenance

Started by , Mar 04 2013 10:21 PM
2 Replies
Hi all,

we dispatch ambient, fully wrapped product with a number of third party hauliers. They have all signed the contract stating the obvious hygiene standards etc. etc. We also have the standard signoff from our warehouse staff that the vehicle is fit for purpose. Problem is, every auditor I seem to get looks for cleaning records and HACCP plans from the hauliers. Most of these guys are a man in a van, and do not have any documentation (including driving licences in some cases, but I digress). So it's falling to me to supply these lads with some type of sheet detailing cleaning / maintenance etc of their vans. Anyone have any suggestions or examples of such as sheet? Simpler the better, I find the transport sector in general struggle in anything more complicated than daubing an X in their own fecal matter on any type of paperwork, but to be fair, I am a fairly obnoxious type of person generally. Please do not let this deter you from offering any advice though, as that would make you as bad a person as me.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport
[Ad]
Thanks for the chuckle, let alone your honesty. Wow for your auditors giving you a hard time. I don’t see why you need to go that far either.

Attached is a rough idea. It’s been severely edited as it was originally a form for a temperature-controlled vehicle.

1 Like
Hi Shea,

I think you make yourself out to be worse that you really are........

We check the vehicle for cleanliness and condition before loading and this is recorded on the dispatch record. It has sufficed so far and will do so in the future if I have anything to do with it... We run our own business can't be running everyone else's!

Mind you having said that I did have to write up breakdown policies for a couple of lads ......

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport GFSI Requirements for Transport Food Defense: Reliably protecting raw materials and food from contamination, manipulation or sabotage during transport SQF 9.6.6 Loading, Transport, and Unloading Practices BRCGS Clause 4.16: Dispatch and Transport How to identify and exclude risk of cross contamination during transport