What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Effects of freezing on dairy products - yogurt

Started by , Mar 19 2013 10:11 AM
4 Replies
Hi All,
I would really appreciate your ideas of where to find reliable information regarding the effects of freezing on dairy products, specifically yogurts. I am referring to freezing the product with view to thawing it prior to consumption, not to produce "Frozen Yogurt". Is there a resource with this type of information?
Thanks in advance.
J
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to check thawing effects on the quality and safety of the product? Adding Vitamin D & A on milk processing and side-effects on human SQF 11.3.4, Watches, Jewelry and Personal Effects Removal for Visitors Effects of spray drying on pathogens 13.3.4 Jewelry and Personal Effects
[Ad]
Dear J
you will be having the problem with the yogurt when u thaw it , so you need to add stabilizing agent to get the good freeze thaw stability in the proudct .regarding this you can add starches , starches gives the good freeze / thaw stability in frozen foods . try potato or topiacca and gums . let try this in product . for the yogurt, pregelatinized starches will work affectively because you not gonna cook this or if you gonna cook the milk before to make yogurt native starches will work better .

regards
saqib
2 Thanks
The whole area of starches and starch technologies is significant and I have just has unpleasant flashbacks to my college days when I was studying this topic. But the good news is there is a wide range of starch solutions for stabilizing products. The following link will give you a good sense of this field of technology.

Article
These are the good advices and also useful for personal cares.
Food technology plays important role in our daily life .
Thanks for these precious advice.

Hi All,
I would really appreciate your ideas of where to find reliable information regarding the effects of freezing on dairy products, specifically yogurts. I am referring to freezing the product with view to thawing it prior to consumption, not to produce "Frozen Yogurt". Is there a resource with this type of information?
Thanks in advance.
J

Hi JCommins,

Freezing breaks up the yogurt structure and it will become a 'sloppy mess' for want of a better description. As Saqib has indicated you will need to stabilise the yogurt. PM me if you would like a recommendation regarding a dairy stabiliser supplier.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
How to check thawing effects on the quality and safety of the product? Adding Vitamin D & A on milk processing and side-effects on human SQF 11.3.4, Watches, Jewelry and Personal Effects Removal for Visitors Effects of spray drying on pathogens 13.3.4 Jewelry and Personal Effects Does Food Safety consider chronic as well as acute health effects?