What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How are you covering BRC 4.1.1?

Started by , Apr 23 2013 01:42 PM
5 Replies
Consideration shall be given to local activities and the site environment, which may have
an adverse impact on finished product integrity, and measures shall be taken to prevent
contamination. Where measures have been put into place to protect the site (from potential
contaminants, flooding etc.), they shall be reviewed in response to any changes.

How do you guys cover this?

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Covering of jewellery Is there a rule that splice tapes in flexible packaging should not be covering the photoeye marks? Covering Steel Beams that are flaking off paint Monthly meeting template covering the BRCGS requirements as per 1.1.5 Covering up piercings
[Ad]
This requirement depends on an assessment of various factors including the location of the site, local geography, history of events in local area etc. Taking all thing into consideration the most likely events relating to local activities should be identified and control measure put in place. This should also include a system of monitoring these issues and other sources of information.

For example, if you are bottling water at source, you would be very interested in local activities such as farming practices, mining operations, waste disposal (legal and illegal) environmental contamination, effluent from other nearby industries etc.

A system of control in this case may require, daily checking and recording of events such as 'spreading' on farms, an increase in mining activities, or specific emergencies. Methods might include visual inspections, monitoring local planning application, maintaining open contact lines with local businesses and authorities, and monitoring the media. Records of these issues should be recorded and where required trigger a management review process with actions etc.

George
When I'm studying this point with my clients, I use a map, and the following questions :

1. What is the use of the buildings around the factory ? Does any of those building usually produce smells or smokes ?
2. Is there any Seveso-type factory (high risk products for fire department, like chemicals, petroleum, nuclear,...)
3. Where are the rivers ? Can any flood reach my building ?
4. Is there any regular risk from nature : from winds, like tornadoes, or from water, like tsunami,...
5. Is there any gas tank near my factory (tanks can explode) ?

When I have all the risks, I can evaluate the measures already in place in my factory or around it (alarm horns, embankments,...).

Then I can evaluate if any measure must be added internally.

Consideration shall be given to local activities and the site environment, which may have
an adverse impact on finished product integrity, and measures shall be taken to prevent
contamination. Where measures have been put into place to protect the site (from potential
contaminants, flooding etc.), they shall be reviewed in response to any changes.

How do you guys cover this?

Thanks

I have printed off the satellite map off google earth, which shows our facility in respect to our neighbours. I have identified on the map each of the neighbouring facility, and i have a narrative/RA that is an appendicies to the map outlining their manufacturing activities and any faciities we share.

My RA addresses such items as shared drains etc

Caz x

We use our emergency action plan and environmental SOPs\effluent water results, as well as backflow prevention certificates and water quality analysis results (plant-treated water).

Thank you all!!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Covering of jewellery Is there a rule that splice tapes in flexible packaging should not be covering the photoeye marks? Covering Steel Beams that are flaking off paint Monthly meeting template covering the BRCGS requirements as per 1.1.5 Covering up piercings Does covering staples in documents with heavy tape meet the requirements of BRC 4.9.2.2? Mask/ Face covering Policy Does anyone have an example calibration procedure covering disposition of product for SQF 11.2.11? Looking for a procedure covering knowledge management for ISO 9001:2015 Special requirements for wearing hair nets and religious head covering