What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Improving hygiene standards through inter-departmental competition

Started by , Apr 24 2013 06:32 AM
2 Replies
in order to improve and sustain compliance to the BRC/IOP standard, I introduced inter department competition where by I inspect each department for hygiene every month and award points. cumulative annual points will converted to valuable price (say shopping voucher) at the end of the year. I have now inspected for four months and the results are good. but before the start this process in January this year, i conducted short coming analysis in which two issues became evident; (1) one department may relax after attaining high score and (2). the exercise can become boring and tiring.

I would to know how to deal with these two issues to make the exercise exiting and fruitful.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Tips for Improving In-House Training Tips for Improving In-House Training Tips for Improving In-House Training BRC Clause 1.1.2 Packaging - Improving the culture of the workforce Ideas for improving preventive maintenance and machine reliability
[Ad]
I would like to suggest two things:

1) Carry out spot checks weekly on different areas using part (or all) of your hygiene inspection documentation and just do them at randon times. This will give you a better picture of what is going on 'behind your back' and they can't relax standards of hygiene or points could be deducted.

2) Get someone from each area (or a Supervisr) to carry out the spot checks on your behalf.
In our packaging company, for the production area, I have produced an audit checklist for the Supervisor to undertake 3 times a week at random times. It could be after first or second break on any day. It covers jewellery, nail varnish & false nails, correct wearing of uniform, hearing protection and a pocket check to ensure no personal items are carried. This works extremely well.
Random checks is a good idea.

my monthly audits are unannounced.

Similar Discussion Topics
Tips for Improving In-House Training Tips for Improving In-House Training Tips for Improving In-House Training BRC Clause 1.1.2 Packaging - Improving the culture of the workforce Ideas for improving preventive maintenance and machine reliability Improving GMP and sanitation in dried products manufacturing Improving quality of cakes and slices by adding Rosemary Extract Reducing Waste & Improving Efficiencies In Product Inspection Management Review and Improving Food Safety Culture SOP Improving food safety culture – a case study